Friday, May 22, 2009

Flickr

We use Flickr in my school. Students go to http://creativecommons.org/ and check mark "search pictures they can modify, adapt or build upon." The pictures are quite different and more interesting than those on Yahoo or Google images. Most students love looking at them and using them in projects.

I chose to look at high school libraries but became uninterested when there were just a bunch of pictures of building a library or problems with building one. Since I love gardening I moved on to "flower gardens." The pictures were wonderful and many took me away. I plan to take picture of my garden once it is complete and upload to Flickr. Until then here is a link to one picture I liked: http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/133130162/

I now have a Flickr account. For my school district, I just took an online PD Point class on Flickr. My name is Lemon Meringue Pie. I posted pictures of my garden and Christmas tree. For the class, I had to modify one picture and place notes on a picture. I loved working on Flickr and will continue to upload. I learned about the copyright and how to teach students to cite the pictures. Check out my pictures on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment