Saturday, May 9, 2009

Web 2.0

I work at a high school library. The district blocks many of the Web 2.0 sites; however, I am planning to promote Google Docs with our teachers next year. I would like to promote peer-writing and editing witht the teachers and students. Many students do not have Microsoft and can use this at home.

This year I have promoted Shelfari and students have created accounts and added friends.

I hope to promote Twitter also for assignments.

The Web 2.0 should engage students in learning more than notetaking on paper.

Many of our students are low income and it is essential to allow them to have opportunities that they might not have at home (no Internet). As I learn the 23 Things, I will be thinking how each one can be integrated at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment