Thursday, June 18, 2009

Instant Messaging

Because I have a Yahoo account, I already have access to their Instant Messenger. I will not post my user name because I do not want my email on my blog. I really will not use Instant Messenger at home. I do not stay on the computer enough to use it.

However, I do use Grand Prairie ISD's Instant Messenger at school. It is worthwhile in a school environment. I have teachers who IM me about sending students to the library, asking various questions, or just connecting with me during their break. I see a need for IM in the school setting. I have been able to answer a variety of questions and it can be used throughout our district. The only problem I have had is forgetting to write something down because their is not a history on it.

I am in charge of setting up Blackboard and had an administrator IM me some information to place on it. Oops, I got busy forgot to write down the information, clicked off and had to email her for the information again. The district is changing our IM next year, so hopefully there will a history tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment