Monday, June 8, 2009

Facebook

Today, I am now on Facebook. It made me nervous to put myself out there on the Internet where others can see. I put limited amount of information on it. I really am a person who does like to keep her personal life quiet. I did put my education and interests plus a picture. As I get more comfortable I may add more.

I have invited my brother to be my friend. He has been wanting me to get a Facebook account so I can speak to him. We do twitter messages. He has told me how he is connecting with friends from school. I am still concerned about who is out there.

I really think today's generation puts way too much information out for others to know. Could too much information hurt a person? Online social networking may be great but in school we are observing how our students do not have the social skills of older adults. So many are texting or just using social network sites that they do not have a great deal of face-to-face contact. I wonder what this generation will be like as they grow into adults and how they will deal with face-to-face confrontations or interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment