Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ning

I chose to look at Ning and not create an account. I may create one in the future. I did locate the ALA and truly enjoyed two videos: "I've Been Everywhere" on the American Libraries magazine and the ILS song. These videos show the personalities of librarians and we are fun. It was overwhelming with all the information, blogs, groups, etc.

I also enjoy gardening and found a wonderful site on Ning by searching gardening, gardenersindex.com. I plan to visit that site quite often and it may be the reason why I end up signing up. There were great video tips. Did you know you can sprinkle garlic around your garden and it will repel mosquitoes for about 20 to 30 days? Yes it works according to Howard Garrett and he is a reputable gardener.

In my opinion, there are so many social network sites with little time to go on them. I think I will have to decide which ones will benefit me the most. I worry about the privacy issue with Ning, so as long as I can go one without being a member, I will avoid joining.

No comments:

Post a Comment