Thursday, July 2, 2009

Library Thing

I have just signed on to Library Thing and have really enjoyed looking at the groups, blogs, etc. I placed several of my own books on my collection as well as those I have been reading this summer from my library. It will take a while but I plan to put my books it. I have never looked at all of my home collection before. I especially like that I can place those I have read but do not own. I checked out the Library Things with Librarians and looked at suggestions for books to read instead of Twilight. I do believe this will be especially useful in my library. I also like to tag with my own keywords because Library of Congress and I sometimes do not mesh. Again it is just a matter of time to get all of the information in. What a great way to keep up with ongoing conversation between readers!

I almost forgot, check out their great page where you can try to get free books. I will check it out frequently. Today most were already full. I have emailed my aunt, an English teacher, about this site. What a great resource for English teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment