Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reflection

My favorite 23 thing has been Facebook. The reason is that I am connecting with my former students at the Masonic Home and some of the teachers. Some of these students I have known since they were in Kindergarten. I am so proud of how they have turned out. Most of these students lived at the home because their parents could not provide for them. It is heartwarming to find out that they have overcome many obstacles.

My least favorite was the Instant Messaging because I do it at work but don't care about it at home. I do more at home than being on the computer, I love to read and garden.

I plan to use Library Thing in my library. I found another school that has students recommend books in the library and put them on Library Thing. This library has a link on their webpage for students to see Library Thing and what is being recommended. I will also use Google Docs in the library. I have an IGoogle account and create custom searches for teachers.

I also want to show teachers the Big Huge Labs website and Image Generators. I had not attempted these and do believe these sites will connect students with technology in lessons. This is another favorite of mine. Of course, best of all I can set up a blog and plan to have one in my 23 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment