Tuesday, July 21, 2009

YouTube

You Tube is blocked in our school district, it is understandable because of content on it. However, I do believe it can be used educationally. Students can create book trailers and post to YouTube or teachers can browse through the trailers for authors who talk about their books. As I librarian, I would aid teachers in locating these. One can use http://convert.playtube.com to convert YouTube videos to be show on windows media at school.

I browsed through Renaissance Music, clothing, etc. on YouTube and found a variety of videos teachers may want to use when studying the Renaissance. Even better, let students have a project to create videos for the classroom assignment. As a school librarian, I work with teachers to provide create outlets for the students and this is an alternative. Many other subjects are on YouTube, such as the President of the United States speeches.

Of course, as fun, my grandson and I attended the Jonas Brothers concert in Dallas so we can relive it watching some of the YouTube videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment